Welcome back to another weekly market awareness broadcast. We are talking about money mindset, what you are doing to end the year appropriately and start 2021 on the right foot. We are here to help you end this year and start next year right. We are joined by Adam Kipnes and Thomas Holland.
We start the conversation by talking about the importance and benefits of your business being incorporated. The remainder of our conversation focuses on the importance of a money making mindset. We discuss how our childhood and family affect our money mindset. We also talk about crucial shifts you need to make to change your mindset and be ready to make money.“Get used to listening to people in a curious and serving way.” -Loral Langemeier Click To Tweet
- [02:11] If you are not incorporated, you are going to miss huge opportunities. There are tons of benefits including tax benefits.
- [04:52] Small businesses are being pummeled during this pandemic.
- [06:08] A stimulus can keep a small business alive as long as it is incorporated.
- [08:52] When you make money your mindset has to shift.
- [09:29] Adam’s shares his mindset story.
- [10:36] Noone ever talked to him about making money. He was taught that the smarter and more educated he was the more money he would make.
- [12:00] Thomas’s family had a lot of entrepreneurs so he always saw that was something that he knew he wanted to do.
- [13:42] A lot of people have inherited money beliefs and money behaviors from their family. Usually, we have to consciously say we are not going to do it that way.
- [15:07] When you know how to make money, it changes a lot.
- [16:40] What you give your attention to, you’re going to get more of. We don’t focus on what you don’t have. We focus on growth.
- [17:48] Success is not an accident. Success is something that can be planned. If you work hard and smart you have a reasonable chance of success.
- [19:11] If you don’t talk to people about what you do and offer them your services, you are hurting them. If somebody needs something and I don’t offer it to them, I am hurting them.
- [20:51] Look at what you do as a buyer, shift that, and do that same thing as a seller.
- [22:21] If you really know you can serve somebody, you have to share it with others.
- [24:28] You don’t need to wait until everything is perfect. You just get out there and do it.
- [25:44] If you have 21 conversations each day, it is impossible to not be successful. Take the sales piece out of it and have conversations. It is easier to reach people today and have a conversation.
- [27:50] Get used to listening to people in a curious and serving way.
- [29:05] The more confident you are, the easier it is to ask for money for your services.
- [31:19] Train your ear for listening to where your potential customers have a problem.
- [33:01] Language is a critical part of changing your mindset because when you speak it, it is actually a deeper integration to the change. You really have to speak your new story.
- [34:14] Take the negative you are speaking to yourself and turn it into a positive in the future tense.
- [36:46] If an activity is not making you money, you have to think about whether or not it is worth your time to do it.
- [37:35] Most of us do work, that there is somebody that is faster, cheaper, and better at it than they are. Does it need to be done by you?
- [38:35] There are a number of things that we do each day that don’t serve us or our clients. We just do them because we have always done them.
- [41:13] When it matters, it will change. When it matters, you’ll change.
- [42:18] You need to make a decision and start taking action toward the results.
- [44:49] Don’t overthink it! Just think that you want to talk to as many people as you can and it is going to lead to money. Adam
- [45:34] If you are not excited to hop up and get to work on what it is you are doing, that is the mindset shift that you need to look at and take.
- [46:53] The most recent Meet-Up and Marketplace winner, Godwin shares briefly about his success virtually. Hear more about his story in an upcoming podcast.
Links and Resources:
Ask Loral App
Loral on Facebook
Loral on YouTube
Loral on LinkedIn
Millionaire Maker Store
Real Money Talks Podcast
Integrated Wealth Systems
The Expression of Your Power