Everybody wants to make those high-end big-ticket sales, but most people are too afraid to do it. My guest today, is Wendy Stevens. She has been on the show before talking about 7 Figure LinkedIn Marketing. She is part of my team and the Big Table. Today, we talk about something that we both do, and that is actually make those big-ticket sales.
Some of the things we discuss is taking a funnel and expanding it, so that 7-figures is a reachable and likely goal. We talk about the number one thing you can do to quelch your fears, not seem desperate, and avoid repelling customers. We talk about putting every variable in your favor and prospect positioning. Along with a way to double your closing rates. We also talk about the 5 questions you can ask a prospect in order to get a yes on these important sales calls and interviews.
You can find Wendy here:‘The number one thing you can do when selling big-ticket items is to have more qualified leads and prospects than you can talk to in one day.’ -Wendy Stevens Click To Tweet
- [01:47] The funnel is the very first most important thing.
- [02:13] You need to have more than one lead in your funnel.
- [02:23] You need to have multiple qualified leads and prospects.
- [02:35] You do not want to appear desperate when trying to sell a big ticket item.
- [03:00] The art of high ticket cells begins with eloquence and eye contact. Your vibration comes through the nanosecond you first encounter the prospect.
- [03:34] When you learn the skill of high ticket sales you can just date and then get married.
- [04:20] Step one is to put every variable in your favor and properly position your prospect. Use a brilliant video before you even get together.
- [05:02] People double their closing rates just by sending a video up front.
- [05:48] You can also have somebody send you their top three reasons why they want to talk to you.
- [06:04] Write down who, what, how, where, and when. Be genuinely curious.
- [09:03] One of the best things Wendy ever did was go to Loral’s Big Table.
- [09:44] If Wendy lost everything today and had to start over, she could generate quality prospects by proper positioning, posture, and getting on the phone.
- [10:12] Find out the emotional impact of whether your prospect is or isn’t reaching their goal.
- [10:39] Five questions to get to the pain point.
- [10:50] If you could change one thing in the world right now what would it be?
- [11:30] Be comfortable with silence and allow the prospect to answer.
- [16:13] On a scale of 1 to 10 how important is it for you to create generational wealth?
- [19:01] If you want something bad enough, you will figure out how to get it.
- [21:22] The third question is: What is your pain level?
- [21:48] How important is it for you to do what you are trying to do?
- [22:43] If they are sure it matters to them, then asked them why it matters. If they aren’t ready, say that you will get back to them.
- [23:47] Ask yourself how many prospects you need to talk to in order to get to a yes.
- [26:36] We are also going to do a limited workshop on how to achieve high-ticket sales.
- [26:51] There is an absolute formula to this.
- [27:02] Make sure you’re being aware of the four personality types and paying attention to everything that your prospect is doing.
- [27:10] Notice whether they are committed and if there’s a personal impact. If there is no passion, then take it away.
- [27:35] Begin the commitment process by charging them immediately.
- [28:21] Ask powerful questions and then be quiet and just let it sit.
Links and Resources:
RATE AND REVIEW
LinkedIn marketing is the new California gold rush. Since the acquisition by Microsoft, there have been subtle and not so subtle changes to LinkedIn. Today, we talk about how to strategically create a LinkedIn profile that will land the big clients that will send your bottom line soaring to 7 figures or whatever your goal may be.
Wendy Stevens is a long-term client, a Big Table member, and a self-made millionaire. She now teaches high-end sales. Wendy is a LinkedIn expert who is helping us with strategically updating our profile. She talks about the changes that have happened since Microsoft has taken over, the constantly updating algorithm, how to get featured on ProFinder, and a 7 steps to 7 figures profile strategy.
You can find Wendy here:‘LinkedIn is filled with 50,000 experts, and everyone is looking to run into the California gold rush that is LinkedIn.’ -Wendy Stevens Click To Tweet
- [01:20] Wendy was one of the first 200 certified Google adwords specialist.
- [01:48] In 2007, Wendy began mastering the art of LinkedIn marketing.
- [02:03] Microsoft paid $26 billion to acquire LinkedIn.
- [02:28] Wendy worked with some of the people from Microsoft who rewrote the algorithm for LinkedIn.
- [03:12] On LinkedIn, we are being evaluated for our influence score every single day.
- [03:52] It’s important to be strategic about how you show up on LinkedIn.
- [04:20] How to mind your LinkedIn account. Show up to be valuable first. Position yourself properly.
- [05:23] Keys to a good profile: 7 sections in your LinkedIn profile. Headline – Keyword load your name. Put your keyword in your last name section. Use word cloud or keyword tools. Find your keyword and get in front of them.
- [07:13] Tagline – this is where you clearly say exactly what you do. Summary – Only the first two lines show up. 67% happen on mobile. Have your first video show up in your experience section. Have keywords in the first two lines of your summary. Speak in the first person to your ideal avatar. What you do and how you help them.
- [09:09] Create a video. Speak the pain of your ideal client. Say what they don’t want. Put it in the form of a question. Include social proof or a client that you helped. End the summary with a soft call to action.
- [10:13] First experience section – name it claim it. Put your best foot forward. Upload a video testimonial from a client that you have actually helped.
- [10:46] Go help someone and get a real testimonial. Guerilla marketing for free to get social proof.
- [11:29] Have keyword in every experience section and in the title of every video. Upload a video for each thing you have experience in.
- [11:35] These videos need to be uploaded to YouTube. You want the back links from YouTube.
- [12:04] 7 sections, headline, tagline, summary, experience sections, add all 50 skills. Use all 50 skills. Then LinkedIn will promote you. They scan and re-rank on a multiple hourly basis.
- [13:04] Find primary and secondary keywords. Seven sections. Reorder for the top three that you are known for.
- [14:14] Have endorsements for your skill sets.
- [14:33] Don’t get left behind, get endorsed for your top recommendations. Get recommendations. You can’t be the top performer without recommendations.
- [15:16] ProFinder is when they choose to promote you throughout LinkedIn.
- [15:41] Written and video recommendations.
- [17:20] If you get your keywords woven in, you can actually have your own six figure funnel. It’s all traffic and conversions.
Links and Resources:
RATE AND REVIEW
The single most important focus for growing a business is sales and marketing. Building a database of customers and potential customers is critical. But to communicate effectively with your customers you need to understand where they come from and what they are interested in. You need to segment your list to communicate effectively with clients and potential clients.
Darin Adams is an expert at growing small businesses and sales and marketing using Infusionsoft. Today, we discuss how setting up and automating your marketing efforts from the beginning is one of the most important things that you can do for your business. We talk about list segmenting, lead nurturing, CRM software, API integrations, and smart ninja tricks to get started automating and tracking your sales and marketing efforts.
You can find Darin here:‘You need to know information about the people on your list.’ -Darin Adams Click To Tweet
- [01:22] Darin has a background in broadcasting and worked with small business owners. He helped them with their message in their marketing.
- [01:54] When Darin discovered Infusionsoft, he knew it was a great combination. It combined his love of teaching people and helping people with marketing.
- [02:10] His focus is growing, building and automating business.
- [02:15] He travels around and teaches people how to grow their business.
- [02:25] Marketing and sales. The single thing a business owner can do to jump start their business.
- [02:46] The number one thing you need to be doing is building a segmented list.
- [02:56] People often think the value of their business is the product or service, but it’s really in the list.
- [03:17] The importance of marketing and having a database of customers.
- [03:46] Your list isn’t very helpful, unless you know actual information about the people on it.
- [04:12] Breaking things down into segments lets you know exactly who the people are and what they are interested in.
- [04:26] The money comes in when you have tools in place to grow the list and collect data on the people on the list.
- [05:07] How people think their website and even Facebook are critical to their businesses.
- [05:41] A website is one arm of your business. It can be used to drive people to your database.
- [06:59] You want to know how people come to your list, so you can communicate out to them.
- [07:12] Your customer relationship management tool or CRM allows you to communicate out to them and make money.
- [07:40] Information in a segmented list.
- [08:44] The beauty of Infusionsoft is that it allows you to tag people, so you know how you first engaged.
- [09:21] You can tag people, so that you understand how to communicate with them.
- [11:47] Ways to capture leads include a landing page, a webinar, life events with text integration or a website integration, and free gifts or lead magnets.
- [13:32] Once you have your leads you need to nurture those relationships. People don’t buy on the first contact.
- [13:45] Find out what their pain is and how to solve it. That will build relationships and trust.
- [14:08] You also need to be able to track what they’re doing like if their opening emails or clicking on links.
- [14:44] Map out the process to take your customer from step A to B and automate the process.
- [15:08] Tracking people will allow you to make the right offers at the right time.
- [15:43] The number one way to grow a business is to use your existing business.
- [16:21] Lifecycle marketing. Drive the leads, nurture the leads, track the leads, make offers depending on what they’re doing, make sales, and follow up and turn customers into raving fans.
- [17:15] Infusionsoft integrates with so many other companies.
- [17:43] Integrating Facebook retargeting with Infusionsoft will allow you to target specific groups.
- [18:03] You can also use text integration with tools like FixYourFunnel, Call loop, Salesmsg, PlusThis, or Twilio.
- [18:28] You can use the system to integrate texting.
- [18:38] PicSnippets allows you to personalize a photo. Sending what looks like a personalized photo to someone is amazing.
- [19:23] SoTellUs let’s you capture video referrals. Folklore Creative makes animated people.
- [21:23] For a small business with Infusionsoft you can have a full integrated marketing sales and accounting software.
- [21:58] You need a CRM and a system like this from day one. When you start collecting leads. You need something to do with those leads.
- [22:25] This is more important than a website or formulating what your actual product is. This is the most important foundational tool for any business.
- [23:06] You can API QuickBooks on to the end of this, and as always don’t forget to get incorporated.
Links and Resources:
- Loral’s Real Money Talks
- Call loop
- Folklore Creative
RATE AND REVIEW
Chris Williams is a world-class marketer and salesperson. We have known each other for years, and we both have a love of sales in common. Everybody wants more customers and that comes down to sales. Everyone looks to the marketing community for leads, but even if you get those leads they aren’t going to convert unless you know how to sell.
Today, we discuss the most important part of sales, and how many people are afraid of the follow-up. We also talk about Facebook sales strategies, how to have that all important sales conversation, time-blocking, some of the most important things you can do to get more sales, and more.
You can find Chris here:'Do something to get your potential client or customer to call you, or you call them.' -Chris Williams from @WideAwakeBiz Click To Tweet
- [01:20] Chris Williams began selling when she was nine years old and sold more Girl Scout cookies than anyone else for three years in a row.
- [02:02] At her young age, she understood the advantage of leveraged time and got friends and relatives to sell the cookies for her.
- [03:14] The most important part of sales is follow-up. 80% of business owners and sales reps never follow-up after the first interaction. Also, 80% of people don’t make a decision until after the 5th interaction. If you don’t follow-up it’s never going to happen.
- [04:46] People often fail to follow-up, because they don’t want to bother people or they have a sales problem.
- [05:16] There’s nothing wrong with calling people when you have a reason to call them.
- [05:59] Gracious follow-up strategies include visiting or dropping something off with a potential client every 3 weeks. Otherwise they will just forget about you.
- [07:06] Once you identify a potential prospect find them on LinkedIn and Facebook and have a conversation with them. A handwritten note with a sticky note on an article that’s appropriate for them is a great way to follow up.
- [07:49] Don’t stop following up. Follow-up until they tell you no. I love it when people say no not now, because I immediately make a date to follow up.
- [08:42] Get used to no, because it just means not now.
- [09:23] Most people get their business from no not now and taking advantage of the follow-up.
- [09:48] If your why isn’t clear enough, and you’re not doing something for a specific reason then you can get your feelings hurt all day long.
- [10:31] Get clear on your big why and what gets you out of bed every morning. Understand the consequences of not accomplishing what you set out to do.
- [11:43] There are a certain amount of people that have to get through your funnel in order to have a conversion. If you have someone who’s just a phone dialer they need to do a hundred calls a day. Understand how many people you need to get through the top of your funnel in order to make two or three productive cells.
- [12:59] How many brand new people did you talk to last week?
- [13:21] 98% of emails go unread, and most people at networking events just chat with their friends.
- [13:40] The sales process. Always ask open-ended questions. Start with how or what not why. Always leave the conversation.
- [14:07] Ask situational questions. Understand what the person’s problem is by asking open ended questions that begin with how or what.
- [15:49] Ask if I could… would you? Go out and ask five people.
- [16:33] Talk about things from a sales perspective not a subject matter perspective.
- [19:09] Most people don’t make all of their money from online sales. People buy from people.
- [20:15] New Facebook strategy. Post your blog on Facebook and then once a week give out a tool or PDF. Get them in your database. Then do a little Facebook Live to augment that.
- [22:12] Get people out of the social channels and into your database.
- [23:47] Integrity and making money when you say you’re going to make money.
- [24:28] Challenge: go over the last two weeks of your calendar and highlight everything that’s personal time. Then highlight everything that’s revenue-producing in green. Figure out where you’re spending your time. Don’t waste time, make money.
- [25:39] Have a power hour where you block out an hour every day where you are making sales calls. Providing you have a list of people to call.
- [26:35] Final words: Power Hour, If I could would you?, and highlight revenue-producing time in your calendar.
Links and Resources:
RATE AND REVIEW
Valentine’s Day is this week. Love is in the air, and money is always in the air. World leading relationship coach Orion Talmay is here today to talk about dating tips that will make you irresistible, even as a sales person.
In this episode, we are going to tie the relationship pieces and the money pieces together. Upward of 90% of divorces happen because the money and relationship conversations don’t happen. Orion is a brilliant and beautiful woman and the perfect guest to tackle this topic.
You can find Orion here:'It’s my mission to help women find that goddess inside them, because when we change, the world changes.' @OrionTalmay Click To Tweet
- [01:33] Orion shares how she was in a bad relationship and completely broken. She also knew she could rise like a Phoenix and rebuild her life. She found motivation, traveled the world, and found the love of her life.
- [02:45] She now has the best relationship of her life. It is her passion to help other women find the same thing.
- [03:29] How manifesting your ideal relationship is like building a business. Tying the relationship pieces to money.
- [04:11] With a business, you have to create a business plan. In the dating world, it is creating a vision for your dreams.
- [04:24] Getting clarity on your vision of love the same way you would with your business. Focus on what you want, do your market research, and create your love avatar.
- [05:24] Look at your dating world branding. What are you showing to the world?
- [05:59] It takes about three seconds for people to judge you by your appearance and online presence.
- [06:12] People gravitate towards your big powerful online presence and the energy that you bring.
- [06:46] Look at your product development, if you are not larger than life.
- [07:00] Marketing yourself to a potential mate is like marketing a business. However you show up anywhere is how you will show up everywhere.
- [07:56] Having two different personas is hard and creates feelings of impostor syndrome. Be genuine and don’t try to appear as someone who you are not.
- [08:37] It’s about showing the people who you are. People gravitate to people that are genuine.
- [09:13] Meditate and visual, but you have to take action for anything to work. Like attracts like, and you get what you focus on.
- [09:39] Orion is a big believer in the law of attraction, but you also have to take action. Get out of the house and hang out where your avatar or ideal mate is at.
- [11:07] Actionable dating tips that can be applied to sales.
- [11:13] Don’t fear rejection. Don’t stop dating. You have to kiss many frogs before finding that perfect date. Don’t take it personally, it’s not about you.
- [11:54] It’s almost like you are being tested. Don’t give up.
- [12:25] Keep following up with the prospect. Things change over time. People are dynamic.
- [12:56] Build the relationship and make it about them.
- [13:19] Be interested in your clients first. You are more interesting when you are interested. Listen to non-verbal cues and match people using their own language. Mirror their language.
- [14:19] Cold calls are like blind dates. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don’t. Do the work before and have a good presence online. Have a funnel, so these people will be hot leads.
- [15:08] How a lot of women are too aggressive or too passive. There has to be an appropriate level of follow-up.
- [15:56] How the days of men leading the money conversation are gone.
- [16:19] Love language. The five languages of love. We all receive love in a different way, and something that is translated as love to one person, may not translate as love to another.
- [16:47] Gifts can be a primary love language. Word of affirmation or being told they are loved. Physical touch being touched and caressed. Quality time doesn’t have to a lot of time, but it is being present in the moment. Acts of service take out the garbage or something useful. Gifts, words of affirmation, physical touch, quality time, and acts of service.
- [18:15] When having the conversation with your client listen to their love language.
- [18:56] How to gauge someone’s love language. With client’s its a pre consultation questionnaire or asking these questions in a clever way.
- [20:33] Forging that long-term commitment.
- [20:54] Gratitude is the best attitude. Always say things you love and are grateful for.
- [21:54] Activating the reticular activating system or the RAS for love.
- [23:16] Love and business is like a garden, and you have to keep adding to it.
Links and Resources:
- Ask Loral
- Dr John Demartini
- Get Orion’s Free eBook to Attract Your Soulmate
- Orion’s Method
- @OrionTalmay on Twitter
RATE AND REVIEW
Question: Are you remarkable? I mean, really remarkable. If so, how do you know you’re remarkable?
Answer: You know you’re remarkable when other people are remarking about you. When people are exclaiming and talking about your value, your worth, and your merit – THAT’s how you know you’re remarkable.