Selling is one of those skills that can benefit your finances and your personal life. I have a special guest today, Ross Jeffries is a sales expert and the author of Subtle Words That Sell: How To Get Your Prospects To Convince Themselves To Buy Without Pushing, Pressuring Or Pitching. On today’s show, Ross shares the importance of mindset, how to be a service decision technician, and implied relationship words.
Ross learned the power of selling early on when he was dating and started learning about NLP to help persuade women to go out with him. Soon he realized that these same selling and persuasion principles could be used in the sales arena. This episode will change the way you look at sales and how to speak with prospects.
You can find Ross here:‘Don’t think of yourself as a salesperson. Think of yourself as a service decision technician.’ -Ross Jeffries Click To Tweet
- [01:59] 20 years ago Ross became involved with NLP. This is neuro linguistic programming which is the study of how language structures consciousness, shapes decisions, and drives behavior.
- [02:20] He learned how to communicate in a way that was charming and help them get past his peers.
- [02:30] Ross realized if he could sell himself to get a date, he could sell other things to make money.
- [02:37] He also learn to develop a mindset that was able to handle the word no.
- [03:10] He has been training sales teams to do what he calls subtle selling.
- [03:15] The art of getting your prospect to convince themselves to buy without having a pressure driven pitch.
- [03:26] Ross’s book is called Subtle Words That Sell: How To Get Your Prospects To Convince Themselves To Buy Without Pushing, Pressuring Or Pitching.
- [04:05] Myths about selling. You are selling your product or service. You are never selling your product, you are selling decisions and good feelings about decisions.
- [04:56] Thinking of yourself as a service decision technician relieves the pressure.
- [05:35] The second method is that it’s crucial to get rapport. Rapport is important, but you want people to be responsive to you.
- [06:59] Capture the imagination and the emotions of your prospect and lead them to make the decision.
- [08:45] It’s not just a matter of getting people to trust you, it’s getting people to trust that they can do it and make it in life.
- [09:03] Getting people to trust themselves is much more difficult. A real coach and salesperson gets people to trust that they can do it.
- [10:17] The difference between influence and manipulation. Influence is about expanding the minds of your prospects to encompass ideas.
- [12:34] Mindset is at least half the game.
- [13:28] The system to selling. Structure of your language in communication.
- [15:09] A tool to increase your sales by 20%. Using implied relationship words. You want to create a relationship with the people you are selling to.
- [15:51] Ask your prospect to promise to share their questions with you. Use words like we and together which imply a relationship. Will you promise me? We don’t make promises to people who we don’t trust. Buying into these words creates the unconscious mind set of already having a relationship.
- [17:55] How to crush objection. First responses are not written in stone. They are usually a reflection of what they are thinking or feeling.
- [18:26] People have buttons around money.
- [19:26] Reframe their objections and clear things up to move forward.
- [22:29] The difference between someone just plodding along and someone who has joy in being a transformational teacher.
- [23:34] In Ross’s book, he lays out all the fundamental principles that make the tools powerful. There are also transcripts of training sessions.
- [24:41] Ross’s book was a labor of love.
- [25:00] The vending machine metaphor for success. You have to accept and embrace chaos. Recognize that every situation is something that you can learn from.
- [27:12] See what you did right and then pick apart what you could do differently.
- [27:48] How important it is to get a coach and mentor.
Links and Resources:
- Loral’s Real Money Talks
- Subtle Words That Sell: How To Get Your Prospects To Convince Themselves To Buy Without Pushing, Pressuring Or Pitching
My company and podcast is about making money, keeping money, and investing money wisely. Communication is the key to increasing the potential of money and exploring the best options to keep, make, and grow money. I am a huge fan of neuro linguistic programming or NLP when it comes to having conversations about money that influence people in the right way.
Matt Brauning is a speaker, best selling author, and master NLP trainer. He became a self-made millionaire by the time he was 25. He runs seminars all over the world and has worked with Tony Robbins, was in the movie “The Journey” with Brian Tracy and Bob Proctor, and has worked with countless Fortune 100 companies. Today, Matt shares some of the amazing potential that NLP offers to improve our business and our lives.
You can find Matt here:‘Every habit whether good or bad has a trigger that starts it.’ -Matt Brauning Click To Tweet
- [02:48] What Matt and Loral do are so collaborative and integrative. NLP and communication is critical for success.
- [03:15] Matt started out in financial services and real estate.
- [03:22] When Matt was 18, he worked with brothers who were in the mortgage business. He learned everything about credit and mortgages and took his first vacation to Cancun at 18 and bought his first house at 19.
- [04:02] By the time he was 25, he had a five million-dollar portfolio and was a self-made millionaire.
- [04:28] After going to a Tony Robbins seminar, Matt fell in love with the concept of changing lives and changing patterns, and he knew that there was something more for him to do.
- [05:03] Matt wanted to change people’s lives and became a life coach.
- [05:29] New seasons and coming into the season change. Whether you’re going into real estate or getting out of real estate there are seasons and times for change.
- [05:43] What is NLP and why is it important? The lost user manual for the brain.
- [06:43] The way we imagine our memories both past and future visions are what NLP centers on quite a bit. A shift in the way we internalize processes and the way that we internalize memories.
- [07:08] Reliving memories over and over again make them more vivid. Pretty soon we are reliving lives.
- [07:16] The ways that our brain works is so complex. Science hasn’t even scratched the surface.
- [08:31] NLP is about looking at what my subjective interaction with my environment is.
- [08:57] NLP is a study of why we do what we do and how to change deep unconscious habits that don’t serve us.
- [09:33] Why having a high awareness is so critical for being successful.
- [09:57] People think of NLP and personal development in general as just goal setting or positive thinking.
- [10:20] Positive thinking isn’t the message. The message is positive habits.
- [10:35] Our habits are everything. The behavior we do over and over again. What do we do with surplus money in the bank. We all have unconscious desires and habits.
- [11:47] Rewiring the mind to conquer severe phobias. Judging things by what the outcome is.
- [12:56] Phobias are habits. Look at the unconscious neural pattern that establishes the habit in the first place.
- [14:51] Unconscious or deep ingrained phobias. Surface level and deep level.
- [16:46] It’s too late to intervene when you’re already in the middle of the behavior.
- [17:25] Go back to the exact moment when you are doing the undesired behavior and then go back an hour before that behavior. Find the exact trigger second in time. Scramble that picture in your mind, and you can’t play the pattern again.
- [19:22] Every habit whether good or bad has a trigger that starts it.
- [19:54] It’s all attitudes and habits. But before that there’s always a trigger. We need to get to the heart of the trigger.
- [20:13] These skills will enhance your life, your education, your relationships, and your ability to create wealth and money.
- [20:27] These communication and presentation skills have enabled me to raise large amounts of money.
- [21:24] How to get started with NLP.
- [21:36] Find an immersive seminar type environment. Find a live place to learn and try this information.
Links and Resources:
RATE AND REVIEW