Without our health, what do we really have? Today’s show is about making money from a health point of view. I have a special guest today. Lauren Powers is a 10 time overall heavyweight bodybuilding champion. She has devoted her life to health and fitness, and she has the muscles and awards to back that up. She is venturing into a new fitness quest to help overworked, stressed women who have devoted their lives to work and making money, but have let their fitness fall by the wayside.
Lauren talks about mindset, goal setting, eating the right foods, rest, hydration, and her passion to help these women turn their lives around. We also talk about the financial side of fitness from sponsors to coaching and how health and wealth go so well together. We also talk about our upcoming event and how you can get Lauren’s book Beneath the Muscle for free.
You can find Lauren Powers here:“Basically, I'm just helping women become a better version of themselves.” -Lauren Powers Click To Tweet
- [01:40] The first chapters of Loral’s life were in the health and fitness space where she made hundreds of thousands of dollars building fitness centers, personal training, and instructing aerobics.
- [01:59] Lauren is going to get Loral lean again, and Loral is going to get Lauren really really rich again.
- [02:17] Lauren was an athlete her entire life. After High School, she moved to Hawaii and opened a surfing school. She was also a State outrigger race champion.
- [02:39] She lived in Laguna Beach when it almost burnt down, and she became inspired to become a firefighter, so she could give back to her community.
- [03:11] The firefighting didn’t work out, but she became the famous fitness celebrity that she is today. Lauren is a 10 time overall heavyweight bodybuilding champion.
- [04:11] There was no social media when Lauren was doing bodybuilding. She would tour around the world and speak about the sport. She builds her brand using mainstream media.
- [04:47] She’s been on TV shows and music videos.
- [05:50] Lauren is now the founder of the Fierce Formula, and she is specializing in helping female entrepreneur women who are in their forties and above.
- [06:53] Lauren wants to help women who have spent so much time building their business that they’ve neglected their bodies and the health side is just as important if not more.
- [07:10] Lauren wants to create a resource, so that when women go to a gym they know exactly what machine to use and how to use it.
- [07:55] People’s health is going down with all of these prescription drugs that have so many side effects. We didn’t have these problems 10 years ago.
- [08:52] Lauren is all for anything we can do to combat the aging process. These are the types of things she’s sharing with her clients and her audience.
- [09:47] 90% of our health revolves around what we put in our mouths. As an expert, Lauren uses genetic testing to help people find the right foods for their body type.
- [12:16] Lauren only promotes products that she uses and likes herself.
- [13:38] Lauren’s real passion is helping real women instead of the competitive athletes.
- [15:08] She is used to being creative and working pretty hard, and she’s super excited about sharing her expertise.
- [15:47] Lauren shares how she helped a wealthy stressed out man build a gym and change his lifestyle. She also helped him with his food and supplements. He went from being overweight and stressed to super ripped and trim.
- [17:38] You have to stop the fast foods in the fried foods and be conscious about what you put in your mouth. Have protein shakes and stay hydrated. Get plenty of rest. Destressing your body is very important in combating the aging process.
- [18:42] You have to be laser focused on what you want and what your goals are.
- [19:09] A lot of problems start in the gut, and digestion is a major key to health.
- [20:30] There’s a science behind all of this, so it’s important to get with a personal trainer.
- [21:04] Yoga and meditation are also key factors.